Monday, November 22, 2010

POTTY TRAINED! FINALLY!

You are officially potty trained. I think me finally just dragging you to the toilet every hour for two consecutive days finally broke down your resistance to being a big boy. Everytime I hear you yell, "I have to go pee pee!" and hear the patter of your little footsteps streaking down the hall to the bathroom, I can help but laugh. You're doing so well and I am so proud of you.
 
We went to our first movie this weekend. Rather than be tortured (and torture others) with chatter in a busy theater, I took you to see an animated movie at a drive-in theater. It was perfect because we were watching a coworker's 7 year old son for the evening. I loaded you and the 7 year old into our truck and drove to the theater. The other boy decided he would pick out candy as his refreshment but your heart was set on popcorn. (I've only recently started to let you eat real popcorn instead of puffed rice masquerading as popcorn, so it's still a big deal.)
 
It had been raining all day, so we jumped at a break in the showers and sprinted to the concession stand. You very proudly told the clerk what you wanted and carried it back to the truck yourself. You had eaten half of it by the time the movie started!
 
You did pretty well in spite of your short attention span. I am glad we went the drive-in route instead of the theater route though. You did want to discuss some of the finer plot points mid-movie, such as what kind of car the villain drove and if the love interest was pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment