Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mommy, stay with me...

Oh doodle bug, you break my heart some mornings. I hate leaving you to go to work. Especially on mornings when you grab my hand and say, "Mommy, I just want you to stay with me." I wish I didn't have to work to provide for you. You deserve to have your mommy home with you during the day, but at least right now you have my sister. Becky stays with you all day. You love to chase her around and go on long butterfly walks with her. You have always been two peas in a pod and are oddly similar.
 
As far as the way your brain works, you are all me. But you have Becky's same mix of bravery and fear as well as her chatterbox tendencies. You both have winning personalities and turn on the charm at odd moments, like in a grocery store checkout line.
 
So doodle, I would love to be home with you right now. But rest assured that no matter where I am or who I am with, my mind is always on you. The second I found out you were growing inside of me, my entire existence wrapped itself around you. You are the center of my universe and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish I could spend my days with you right in front of me instead of just carried around in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment