Thursday, October 7, 2010

You, my darling, are not a morning person. I believe you get it from your daddy, because I am an early bird. This is the one personality trait of yours that I cannot accept blame for. You regularly whine, "Please mommy, just leave me alone" when I attempt to wake you at 6:30. This morning I tried a new tactic. Rather than singing our good morning song (Goooood morning, good mooooorning, I missed you all night through) and being my chipper self, I simply wrapped your blankets around you and swept you up into my arms. As I carried you to my room for a quick cuddle, you kept saying (half asleep no less) "I love you soooo much mommy". What a relief after months of "mommy leave me alone!"
 
So doodle bug, I love you soo much too. Even if you are a night owl who would enjoy being a lazy lie-a-bed all day. Heaven help us when you're an actual teenager!

No comments:

Post a Comment