Monday, October 25, 2010

We need to talk

This whole potty-training thing is a bit of a nightmare. Unfortunately, you are very much like me. NOT stubborn at all.
 
I have to remind myself daily that you might have my force of will, but I've had 23 years to hone that strength, whereas you are just a n00b at age 3. My prayer for you is that you use your stubborn streak for good. I picture you as a tall, handsome, but most importantly good man in twenty years. You will be the kind of man that opens doors for women regardless of how independent we all claim to be. You will know how to change your own oil but also how to make a mean spaghetti sauce from scratch.
 
Nurturing you to successful adulthood seems so impossible when we're heatedly debating whether or not you should have to wear underwear versus a diaper.
 
Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." So I'm putting in the dirty work now (sometimes literally) so that you will be the amazing man I dreamt of when you were still just a flutter in my abdomen. We'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment