Monday, October 18, 2010

One of the best days EVER

You were quite the brave little man this weekend. You spent the morning as a chicken (full costume) at Seaworld. That same darn pilot whale tried to soak us again during the dolphin show, but my handy sweater protected us. You and I hid under my sweater and giggled while everyone around us screamed when the ice cold water hit them. Your aunty Becky got hit, which just added to our fun.

After we rode a couple kid rides and you scaled a rope net (still in costume), we hit the road for our next stop - the ice skating rink. On the way we stopped for some chicken sandwiches at Chick-fil-a, where you introduced yourself to a table full of policemen. You have a fascination with policemen that I try not to discourage since you never know when you might need to depend on one.

When we finally made it to the ice rink, you were rearing to go. We strapped some skates on you and I held my breath as you teetered onto the ice. Imagine my shock when you took to the ice better than me at first! Thankfully we had trusted Aunty Becky to hold your other hand because I was less dependable on the ice than anticipated. You hit the ice a couple times as we dragged you around the rink, but you fought tooth and nail to keep going. It was not an easy task to get you off the ice when we were finished for the day.

From the ice rink, we proceeded to our final fun stop, the pumpkin patch... duh duhn duhn. I saw a horse trailer from the freeway, so I had a feeling it would be an intersting trip. You practically flew to the pony ride and picked out the biggest horse in the bunch. Such a change from the little boy who wouldn't even ride a carousel horse a few months ago! After a quick pony rid you went on a couple LARGE inflatable slides and drove a jeep in a circle for a while. Then, you spotted it! They had a harness hooked to bungee cords and suspended over a trampoline. Kids were flying through the air and doing tricks midflight. You HAD to do it too!

As your slightly skeptical mum, I stood in line with you for nearly half an hour, expecting your attention span to be breached at any moment. But you continued to stand there, very seriously clutching your tickets and asking the attendant if it was your turn. When it finally was your turn, I rather nervously strapped you into the harness and cringed as you started to bounce. You LOVED it! Your giggle was non-stop. Finally I reminded myself that I am a mother of a boy, so I grabbed your feet, pulled you down to the ground and launched you up into the air. Now this was fun! After a few all too short minutes of being a human slingshot, the attendant brought you down to earth once more. It was one of the most fun things I've ever experienced, so I can only imagine what it was like for you.

Seaworld - $0 (we have a pass)
Costume - $0 (bought it on sale at Old Navy last year for $5)
Ice skating - $9 (for whole family of 4 - thank you groupon)
Chick-fil-a - $6 (meal for 3 - thank you Readersteals)
Pumpkin Patch - $20 in tickets (YIKES!)

One of the best days EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment