Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Odd bird

You are a curious little creature. You're such a fascinating mix of tough but tender, aggressive but compassionate. I admire your determination almost as much as I love seeing the empathy you display. With much older kids, you automatically fall in line and are willing to yield to their superior age and wisdom. However, with shy children or little people your own age, you take charge. I love watching you lead your peers in a game and even smile inwardly when I see you telling one of your friends that it's not ok to bully another child or leave the playground boundaries.
 
I think all parents beam with pride when their child does something remarkable, but it seems as if you are constantly giving me new beam material. We've had our moments of frustration, and they seem natural when dealing with a child that has such brilliance paired with a strong will. None of those moments of frustration hold a candle to the overall joy of watching you develop and grow. You are going to be such an incredible man.
 
Oh! And I promise to never doubt you again when you tell me you can climb a tree! You knew you could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment